I love pasta. I love Lo Mein. Imagine how happy I was to find a secret ingredient to make a low calorie, low fat, low carbohydrate, and yet very delicious Lo Mein! My recipe is simple and can easily be adjusted with your favorite vegetables and perhaps some protein.
I hope you give this dish a try, and enjoy!
1. Angel Hair Cole Slaw is the secret ingredient.
When stir-fried, Angel Hair Cole Slaw tastes remarkably like pasta. This cabbage is extremely finely shredded. This texture significantly adds to sense of eating pasta.
2. Additional ingredients:
- 8 ounce container of mushrooms
- 1 ¼ ounce low sodium soy sauce
- 1 onion (I prefer Vidalia)
- 1 red pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic—minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger stir-in paste
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- scallion for garnish
3. Slice mushrooms and onion and sauté.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of oil in a pan.
- Add thinly sliced mushrooms and onion.
- Add ¼ teaspoon of kosher salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper.
4. Add ginger and garlic, & continue to sauté.
5. Add sliced red pepper & continue to sauté.
6. Add entire bag of Angel Hair Coleslaw and begin to combine and stir-fry.
7. Add 1 ¼ ounce of low sodium soy sauce and continue to combine and stir-fry.
8. After all the ingredients are combined and cooked, garnish with cut up scallion. Enjoy!
Faux Lo Mein is one of my most favorite recipes. It’s low calorie, low carbohydrate, low fat, and delicious!! The dish is extremely easy to make.
The recipe is versatile. You can add the vegetables of your choice. You can turn this recipe into a main dish by adding a protein of your choice. Favorite herbs and seasonings? Not a problem—add them. Like spicy food—wonderful—add your favorite spices.
Add your personal touch to this simple, versatile, and yummy recipe. Just remember the secret ingredient. Enjoy!!