Do you like to dine out? Concerned about your diet?
Here are 9 Easy and Healthy Restaurant Eating Tips To Help You Dine Out & Not Destroy Your Diet.
Tip # 1—Review the menu online ahead of time.
- Be certain the restaurant has food that will work on your eating program.
- Take your time reviewing all your food options.
- Decide what you will order before you go.
Tip # 2—Pre-eat! Do not arrive “starving”.
- It’s important that you are not extremely hungry when you sit down.
- We often make poor choices when we are ravenous.
- Have salad, vegetables, or broth based soup ahead of time. Take the edge off your appetite.
Tip # 3—No alcohol.
- Do not drink alcohol if you are trying to lose weight.
- Club soda, sparkling water, unsweetened iced tea are good alternatives.
- Increase your likelihood of sticking to your weight loss program by passing on alcohol.
Tip # 4—Order your food the way it will work best on your program.
- Order food that is grilled, broiled, steamed, or baked with “no added fat.”
- Many restaurants offer lettuce wraps. I like the Skinnylicious menu at the Cheesecake Factory. This dish is one of my favorites!
- Restaurants are providing a service. If they are not helpful, simply do not go back. There are many accommodating restaurants offering healthy food choices.
Tip # 5—Huge Portions? Bring extra food home.
- Often restaurant portions are very large. Simply bring your extra food home.
- Consider “non traditional” ordering. Sometimes I order an appetizer, salad, and side dishes.
- Order what works for you.
Tip # 6—No bread.
- It’s that simple—no bread!
- Many restaurants now ask before they bring bread.
- If you are with diners who want bread, leave the basket on their side of the table.
Tip # 7—Be sure to review the “sides” section of the menu.
- One of my most favorite sections of the menu is the “sides.”
- Often I will choose my appetizer from the “side section.”
- Sometimes (see above photo) I just order and enjoy a variety of side dishes.
Tip # 8—No starch, double green vegetable.
- No starch, double green vegetable is something I request all the time.
- I will substitute broccoli for french fries.
- If there is an additional charge, I understand that is the price for eating healthfully.
Tip # 9—No dessert.
Calorie and fat laden desserts do not work on a #WeightLoss program.Click To Tweet
- Calorie and fat laden desserts do not work on a weight loss program.
- I believe there is a place for occasional desserts in weight maintenance—just not in weight loss.
- Coffee or tea is a great choice at the end of a restaurant meal.
Having a plan is important when you dine out. I hope you find some of these 9 Easy Tips To Help You Dine Out & Not Destroy Your Diet useful.
(Visited 690 times, 1 visits today)