Magical Cauliflower Rice is one of my most favorite recipes because it is absolutely delicious, easy to prepare, filling, full of amazing flavor and texture, versatile, gorgeous, and a fabulous substitute for traditional fried rice.
Over the years I have shared many tips to help lose and maintain weight. Eating vegetables is very helpful, and this dish has lots of veggies. The recipe is simply magical and that is why I want to share it with you!
1. Special Ingredient # 1:
Trader Joe’s Riced Cauliflower is a product I love for many reasons. First—it’s “Nothing but Cauliflower”. I can use Riced Cauliflower in many recipes. It’s easy to store in the refrigerator and huge time saver. If you cannot find this product, you can make your own using cauliflower and a food processor or a hand grater.
2. Special Ingredient # 2:
Trader Joe’s Healthy 8 chopped veggie mix also is a favorite of mine. Another big time saver. Wonderful veggie combination: broccoli, carrots, green cabbage, red cabbage, jicama, green bell pepper, radish and celery.
If you do not have this product, you may substitute 4 cups of chopped vegetables.
3. Ingredient List:
- 1 LB or 16 oz. bag of Riced Cauliflower
- 1 container of Healthy 8 Chopped Veggie Mix
- 1 package (12 oz.) of fully cooked chicken sausage
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/8 to ¼ teaspoon Red Chili Pepper
- Garnish: thinly sliced green onions
- Garnish: chopped walnuts
4. Slice Chicken Sausage into bite size pieces.
5. Brown the chicken sausage in 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Set aside.
6. Sauté vegetables in 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Add 1 Tablespoon of soy sauce and continue to sauté.
7. Add 3 minced cloves of garlic, and 1/8-1/4 teaspoon Red Chili Pepper.
8. Add Riced Cauliflower, and 1 Tablespoon of soy sauce and sauté.
9. Add cooked chicken sausage, and 1 teaspoon of toasted sesame oil and sauté.
10. Garnish with thinly sliced green onions and chopped walnuts. Enjoy!
11. Recipe substitutions and changes:
It’s fun to change recipes. Here are a few ideas to consider adding to this dish:
- Scrambled eggs
- Your favorite vegetables
- Sesame seeds
I hope you make and enjoy Magical Cauliflower Rice. I hope you experiment with your favorite additions to the recipe. I also hope you too are amazed that we can cook cauliflower and have the finished dish taste so similar to rice. Enjoy!
Click HERE to Download the PDF