Lean or Loaded? Massaged Kale Salad is one of my favorite recipes because it’s:
- Versatile –the wonderful “lean”massaged kale salad can easily be turned into a fabulous “loaded” massaged kale salad.
- Delicious—whether lean or loaded this salad is yummy!
- Filling—the salads are substantial and satisfying.
- Texture—great balance of consistency.
- Flavorful—good tasty combination of enjoyable flavors.
- Visually attractive—gorgeous colors.
- Adaptable—add some protein (chicken, fish, beef) and turn your salad into your meal.
- Creative—add your favorite vegetables and spices to “create” your own massaged kale salad.
- Easy to prepare—great cooking skills are not needed to make these salads.
- Requires very little dressing—the texture and flavor of massaged kale make it a salad that does not need very much dressing.
- Tastes wonderful the next day—refrigerate your leftovers to enjoy the next day. Massaged Kale Salads taste perfect the next day. They do not get soggy.
Why is “Massaging” critical to a good kale salad?
- Kale can be tough. Massaging “relaxes” kales tough texture. Kale wilts. This is explained by the LA Times—kale’s tough cellulose structure breaks down.
- Besides texture, massage changes the taste of kale. The Huffington Post notes that a five-minute rubdown can transform this green from being bitter and tough to turning silky and sweet.
Here are the recipes. Feel free to adapt with your favorite ingredients. Just remember the “massage”.
Lean Kale Salad
Loaded Kale Salad (Lean Salad Plus…)
(Visited 423 times, 1 visits today)