Having difficulty losing weight?
Here are 27 Easy Tips To Help You Lose Weight Gradually.
Do not leave your weight loss to chance. I believe preparation is the name of the game!
Do not leave your #weightloss to chance. I believe preparation is the name of the game!Click To Tweet
Tip # 1—Remember to eat breakfastEating #breakfast reduces the likelihood of snacking on higher calorie foods. #WeightLossClick To Tweet
- Eating breakfast reduces the likelihood of snacking on higher calorie foods.
- Hate mid-morning slump? Eat a healthy breakfast.
- Eating breakfast can be a great start to daily healthy food choices.
Tip # 2—Bring healthy food/snacks with you
- Avoid being hungry while out, by bringing healthy food.
- Prepare and bring “grab and go” bags of cut up vegetables.
- It’s easy to make a healthy choice when you have your healthy food with you.
Tip # 3—Eat at regular increments throughout the day
- Have you ever tried to not eat, or eat very little during the day before sitting down to Thanksgiving dinner? That frequently results in overindulging.
- Missing meals and letting yourself get too hungry often leads to poor food choices and overeating.
- No “starving” to “save calories”. Eat at regular increments throughout the day.
Tip # 4—Bring Your Lunch
- Bringing a healthy lunch will help avoid poor lunch choices.
- It’s easy to control what you eat when you have packed it yourself.
- Avoid morning stress—pack your lunch after you eat your dinner.
Tip # 5—Prepare your refrigerator with healthy food choices
- Sometimes we want to eat right away. A refrigerator prepared with healthy options increases the chances of good food choices.
- Having vegetables washed, chopped, and ready for use increases the likelihood of eating them.
- Cooked lean protein is great to have in the refrigerator for snacking.
Tip # 6—Keep a food journal
- Keeping a food journal is an effective weight loss tactic.
- Journals provide valuable information.
- Many successful dieters use food journals on a daily basis.
Tip # 7—Choose a good time, and then just start
- There is never a “perfect” time to start a weight loss program.
- Is there a major event next week—Thanksgiving, Vacation, or Wedding? Start the following week.
- Remember just “to start.” Often starting is the hardest part!
Tip # 8—Eat vegetablesLearn which vegetables are low calorie and low carbohydrate. Make good choices! #WeightsLossTipClick To Tweet
- Learn which vegetables are low calorie and low carbohydrate so you can make good choices when you eat vegetables.
- Try new vegetables and new vegetable recipes.
- Try different techniques to cook your vegetables.
- Snack on vegetables.
- Enjoy seasonal vegetables.
- Consider going to a Farmer’s Market. It’s the home of vegetable inspiration!
- Make vegetables part of your food plan as you lose and maintain your weight loss.
Tip # 9—Strive for mindful, not mindless eating
- Ever stand in front of the refrigerator, just stare, and then eat?
- It is far better to eat seated, slowly, and mindfully.
- We need to enjoy our food and remember what we ate.
Tip # 10—It’s important to get enough sleep
- Some researchers believe there is an association between sleep and weight loss due to the production of the hunger hormones Leptin and Ghrelin.
- Research is showing that when we get enough sleep we produce Leptin, which affects satiety.
- Conversely, the theory is not enough sleep produces Ghrelin, which affects hunger.
Tip # 11—Eat at home—mostly
- Restaurants typically are not in business to help us lose weight.
- It is much easier to control ingredients when you cook.
- Appropriate portion size is easier to maintain when you eat at home.
Tip # 12—Focus on losing 5 pounds
- The thought of losing 50 pounds may seem impossible.
- The thought of losing 5 pounds is manageable.
- I like to build upon small 5-pound mini-goals.
Tip # 13—Sunday is a great preparation day
- Preparation is the name of the game! Sunday is a perfect preparation day.
- Prepare healthy menus, and prepare your shopping list.
- Do some shopping, chopping, and cooking for the week.
Tip # 14—Remove poor food choices from your house
- Losing weight is not easy. It is much harder with food temptations in the home.
- Spend some time giving away or throwing away junk food.
- Replace with healthy choices.
Tip # 15—Prepare for diet plateaus
- Diet plateaus can happen—so be prepared.
- Continue to follow your program.
- Do not let a plateau be the reason for you to “give up.”
Tip # 16—Small, steady, consistent changes are good
- Losing weight will not happen overnight.
- It’s important to make small, consistent, positive changes.
- Over time, small, consistent losses can become a huge total loss.
Tip # 17—Remember why you want to be at a healthy weight
- Make a list of reasons why you want to lose weight.
- Reread you list when you need motivation.
- Your list is a work in progress. Continue to update and revise.
Tip # 18—Prepare for deviations and derailments
- Many dieters have experienced a deviation or derailment.
- The key is to get “back on the train” the next day or the next meal.
- Do not let a “slip up” last for days or weeks. It does not need to ruin your program.
Tip # 19—Learn restaurant eating strategies
- Review the menu online ahead of time. It is easier to not deviate when you know ahead of time what you will be ordering.
- Order food that is grilled, broiled, steamed, or baked with “no added fat.”
- If you are really hungry, “pre-eat” with a broth-based soup, vegetables, or a salad—so you are not “starving” when you arrive.
Tip # 20—Prepare weekly menus full of healthy food options
- It is far easier to shop for groceries when you know your weekly menu.
- You are less likely to deviate from your program when you have prepared a weekly menu.
- Preparation is the name of the game. Having a weekly menu makes weekly preparation chores so much easier.
Tip # 21–Stay away from your trigger foods
- There are some foods that “trigger” our appetite. Once we start, we have difficulty stopping.
- I believe a pebble (trigger food) can start an avalanche. My pebble is pizza. Know which foods are your trigger foods.
- Stay away from your trigger foods.
Tip # 22—Strive for long-term healthy lifestyle changes
- Use your weight loss program as an opportunity to learn healthy lifestyle practices.
- Incorporate your new skills in your maintenance program.
- Maintaining weight loss is just as important as losing weight.
Tip # 23—Simple food choices are fine
- Simple, nutritious, healthy choices are just fine.
- Variety may stimulate your appetite—look at buffets. Often we overeat when there is so much choice.
- Look for recipes that are healthy, delicious, visually attractive, and simple.
Tip # 24—You are in control—not the food
- Why did we eat the wrong food? Couldn’t control yourself? There is a solution—take back control.
- When you want to eat something not on your program simply tell yourself that eating an unhealthy food is “not an option”. Tell yourself this is simply “non-negotiable”.
- Maintaining control is a skill, and the more you do it, the better you get.
Tip # 25—Prepare for diet saboteurs
- Why do “friends” tell us we do not need to lose weight?
- Why do “friends” encourage us to have “just a bite” or “little taste?”
- Why do “friends” tell us losing weight is useless, and we will just gain it back?
- You are in control of your weight loss program, not your “friends.”
Tip # 26—Celebrate the positive food choices you make each day
- It’s important to learn from the food decisions we make on our program.
- However, we need to stop “beating ourselves up” when we make a mistake or have a slip-up.
- Acknowledge, celebrate, and then replicate the positive food choices we make each day.
Tip # 27—Failing may happen, but quitting is not an option
- It’s o.k. to have failed on a weight loss program—I have failed on many.
- Quitting is not an option.
- The past does not define our future.
- Being at a healthy weight is worth it.
- Keep searching until you find a program that works for you.
I have shared 27 easy tips to help you lose weight gradually. I hope you will find some of these tips useful on your weight loss journey.
I would love to know some of your best weight loss tips. Please share your favorites in the comments below!
Click HERE to Download the PDF
(Visited 22,605 times, 1 visits today)