Are you feeling discouraged?
Having difficulty losing weight?
Losing weight can be difficult. Perhaps playing the weight loss mind game will help. Let’s begin!
Why do you want to “play the game”?
- It’s important you know why you want to lose weight.
- What are the reasons losing weight has value to you?
- Make a detailed list of your reasons to lose weight.
- Your list may change as time goes on.
- Whenever you feel your resolve weakening, read and re-read your list to motivate you to “stay in the game”.
Who is “playing the game” with you?
- Having someone to work with on your weight loss journey is very helpful. It helps with accountability—which is very important in weight loss.
- Having a weight loss “buddy” is also helpful. A friend, spouse, co-worker, or relative can make the game more fun.
- Do not compete with your weight loss buddy. Support, share, encourage, and celebrate each other’s victories. You each are running your own race—this is not a competition.
What happens if the “game” seems overwhelming?
- Set small, achievable goals.
- Have mini goals. After you “win” your mini-goal, set another.
- Feeling overwhelmed—take baby steps.
- Slow and steady is perfectly fine.
What happens if you make a mistake playing the “game”?
- Many of us have experienced a deviation or derailment.
- Dieters who “win” the game get right back on their program the next day, or the very next meal.
- Do not let a mistake knock you “out of the game”.
How can healthy food decisions be part of the “game”?
- Tell yourself unhealthy food choices are not an option.
- Remember why you want to lose weight. Re-read your list.
- Know that your healthy food choices will help you “finish” the game and achieve your goals.
The more you “play the game”, the easier it will become.
- Healthy eating decisions are easier to make after you make them over and over again.
- Your success will help motivate you to your next mini-goal.
- Your weight loss skills will improve as you continue to follow your program.
(Visited 556 times, 1 visits today)