What’s the key word in weight loss?
What’s the fundamental, most important, essential, and critical word?
What’s the word—without which weight loss success can be difficult?
One word is the key. It’s:
Preparation is the name of the game in weight loss. You may not have realized how important preparation is in your weight loss journey.
Read on to see how key it is.
Refrigerator Preparation Is Key In Weight Loss.
- A refrigerator prepared with healthy choices is critical.
- When we are hungry, we are more likely to grab a healthy food option when it is ready in the refrigerator.
- Grab and go vegetables are my top choice for the fridge.
- Buy your favorite vegetables, wash, slice, bag, and then grab and go when you are hungry.
A container of a healthy soup prepared and ready to go is great to have in the fridge. Click here for two great soup recipes.
Meal Preparation Is Key In Weight Loss.
- It is easy to control ingredients and portion size when we prepare our own food.
- Making a healthy meal choice is far easier when we have our meal prepared ahead of time.
- Preparing a weekly healthy meal menu is helpful in making good meal choices.
- Eating a healthy lunch is far easier when we are prepared and we have brought our own.
Preparing For Challenges Is Key In Weight Loss.
- Restaurant meals are less challenging when we are prepared. Click here for 9 Easy Tips To Help You Dine Out And Not Destroy Your Diet.
- Making ourselves a priority can be a challenge, but necessary in our weight loss program.
- One of the biggest challenges in weight loss is a mistake, a slip up, a derailment. They happen. We need to be prepared for that challenge and get right back on our program. Never, ever give up!
Some of us are better “preparers” than others. The good news is we can get better at it. I am constantly working on my preparation skills because preparation is the key word in weight loss!